Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update: Russia


We got our Letters of Invitation on Wednesday, so it is off to Russia on Sept. 4.  That is 2 weeks from today, and now that it is finally here, I am not sure I will be ready in time.  I guess there is just so much to be done, it seems like there is not the slightest possibility that we could ever even get close to getting everything done, but......... at least I am not in control.  That is one thing that I have learned through this whole process and I am so glad that God is in control and that He is not only in control of the really big details, He is also intimately working out even the small ones.  And so I am off to bed, with even a spirit of calmness about me.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

I will be praying for you friend! What BIG days you have ahead of you.
Hang in there!!! Sending love and hugs!

Veronica @ A Quiet Heart said...

Sharon, that is so exciting!! I will be praying for you all as you prepare over the next few days.

lauraruthho said...

I echo your thoughts on God being in control and that taking the load off. Girl... I am with you! Well I will be praying for you anyway because as much as He takes care of things, we are human and can still stress!
I'm excited for your family. Can't wait to hear about your ministry in Russia!