Tuesday, August 19, 2008

To live without Mac N Cheese


So, we had John and Natalie Rehurek and their two boys, Josiah and Nathan over tonight for supper.  We will be joining them, actually in the same Apartment building, when we move to Russia.  I had asked Natalie to make me a list of things that I should bring to Russia - things that I will not be able to find there.  The first few items on the list made me shudder: vanilla extract, brown sugar, chocolate chips.  Aside:  I LOVE TO BAKE!   These are some very important ingredients when baking and without them, you have no Blueberry muffins, no chocolate chip cookies, no pound cake....  Think of a world without blueberry muffins!  I cannot!  

So I will be on my way to Sam's tomorrow to pick up these very precious and necessary ingredients.  I have taken these things for granted for way too long.  I know that there are many things that I will miss deeply, but this I know, there are also many things that I will enjoy there that I have never had in America.  I will have to wait until I get there to find out what those things are.   In the mean time, I have to figure out how to pack a year's supply of Mac N Chz in my suitcase.  

2 comments:

care-in said...

Mac and Cheese is a favorite in our house too! Elliya could eat it everyday if we let her.

melissaw said...

Hey Sharon! You make me smile so much as I read your posts, I think they are hilarious. I better start appreciating Mac N Cheese before our big move! And I love the picture. Happy Sam's Club shopping.

~Melissa Woodard