Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bare Walls


Jonathan just finished taking all of our precious pictures from off of our walls and so our house looks extremely bare and not quite like a home anymore.  It looks sad, but promising since we will be leaving in about a week and a half now.  

We had to box the picture of Jesse and Jonas's baby feet sitting very snugly in Jonathan's one hand and the collection of black and white sleeping baby pictures.  We put away Jonathan's prize Rembrandt of Simeon holding baby Jesus (sadly, not an original) and my picture of Ruth that we bought in Israel that is fashioned entirely out of the words from the book of Judges.  All of our family pictures that were in a row, the first was our family of three, then four, then six, had to be put away (The family picture of 7 never quite made it on the wall).  Then there was The Lord's Prayer that was cross-stitched by Jonathan's sister Katherine; that had to be boxed up as well.  Thankfully, all of Jonathan's many diploma's had never been framed, and so these sit neatly in a folder.....somewhere.  

So these items will go to Jonathan' parent's house and await the day when we need them again.  And when we arrive in Russia, we will start to take more pictures, and even more memories will line our walls in our little apartment.  And someday, hopefully soon, our new house will look like our home.  

2 comments:

care-in said...

Love that picture. I can't imagine having to decide what goes and what stays.

I'm so excited to hear about your new home.

When you said you were taking pictures down I thought "why so soon" then I realized just how soon it is.

Jaci said...

If there is one earthly thing I am attached to it is my pictures. I love the memories. I love the warmth. I love the people. These items would be hard for me to put in boxes as well.

You are right though...you will soon have new memories to line your walls. And I am sure that as the people you love "live" in your new apartment it will become home. And a home is a wonderful thing to have isn't it?

I am praying for you. For the transitions, for your kiddos, for friends, for the details and for your ministry there. It is so awesome that you all are doing this!! God bless you.

Love, Jaci