Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Russian Meal

I am very blessed to have a new Russian friend who is also my Nanny. Her name is Oksana and she comes during our Russian lessons and on Wednesday, she stays until the evening so that I can get more done, like getting groceries. She stayed late today and after getting groceries and taking the children outside, she taught me how to make the most traditional Russian meal - Borsch. We had a great day and now I am enjoying another Russian tradition: tea and chocolate.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Now you have to teach me!!!

Jaci said...

I am glad that you had a great day! The dish looks yummy! Your family is just precious and I will continue to pray for you all!!

Sharon Moorhead said...

I would love to teach you Natalie. It is pretty good, though I am not sure our husbands want it after having at the Seminary so much. Still, Jonathan enjoyed it and I did too. Thank You Jaci. Good hearing from you.